Sunday 17 August 2008

I'm Gay, Deal with it!


This is a poem taken from "Love, Sex, Desire" The book published by the 'rainbow group' at Northcote High School in 2006

I'm Gay, Deal with it!

My mum used to tell me not to go dyke,
But I never would listen, I'd do what I like

If she said no, I would say yes,
If she went east, I would go west

But this was a decision of my own.
If it wasnt for mum I wouldn't have known

I am gay, and that's the way it is!
And if she don't like it she can stay out of my biz

Coz that's the way I am and I'm not going to change,
If you haven't noticed Gays part of the society range

There's not only str8's, there's gays and bis,
So dont tell me i can only like guys!

Sky F



6 comments:

N. F. Robinson said...

Who wrote this? It's pretty damn impressive.

Kath said...

Yeah it certainly is, I've edited the post to include the authors name, ooops that wasnt a good thing to forget.
Her name is Sky F

Anonymous said...

Top notch stuff, Kath...

By the way, it seems homophobia has erupted on my blog. Time to send in the argument battle-tanks (without swearing please).

Kath said...

Fucking hell!...I see what you mean Reuben
Surely my swearing is forgivable(i did however censor myself in my latest comment, can you blame me for my anger. I mean i was furious when I read Nick's comment...but Sandars, he is one sick bastard!

Anonymous said...

Heys Kath :) This blog is a great idea -- you should have mentioned it in the meeting today. Or was it out of fear of the Commander forcing you to change your URL too?

Kath said...

Thanks V
Yeah I wanted to give out handouts, taken from the stuff on this blog, with the blog URL on it, but bureaucratic stuff meant it didn’t eventuate. Hopefully next time.
Don't worry about the Commander she can be delt with.